Nya Tour Soft- och Velocity-bollar från Titleist.
Titleist har nu släppt 2020-modeller av sina bollar Tour Soft och Velocity. Mer längd, bättre närspelsprestanda och fina färger är några av nyheterna tillsammans med en smart siktlinje.
Tour Soft har fått en stor kärna, faktiskt den största Titleist någonsin tagit fram, vilket man säger ska ge mer längd och bättre prestanda i närspelet. En ny T-siktlinje känns som en bra idé och man lovar att den mjuka känslan ska finnas kvar. Priset är 399 kronor per dussin när den kommer 7 februari.
Nya Velocity-bollarna har nya aerodynamiska egenskaper och ny teknik i kärnan som ger mer längd samtidigt som det är enklare att få stopp på bollen med järnen. Nya matta färger är en annan nyhet när bollen kommer till shoparna sjunde februari. Ett dussin går på 299 kronor.
Läs Titleists pressmeddelanden nedan:
Titleist Introduces Next Generation Tour Soft Golf Ball Real Performance with Responsive Feel
2020 Tour Soft Delivers More Distance, Improved Short-Game Performance With New Alignment Sidestamp
FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 14, 2020) The largest core ever produced by Titleist golf ball engineers drives longer distance and better short game performance in the new Titleist Tour Soft, available beginning Feb. 7 across Europe.
Titleist Tour Soft was first introduced two years ago, utilizing new material and process technologies to deliver the best performance in its category offering a superior combination of soft compression feel, very fast speed for commanding distance and excellent short game spin and control.
For golfers who prefer a softer feeling golf ball, the new 2020 Tour Soft improves upon its prior generation with real performance advancements to help them play better:
• Titleist's largest golf ball core is now even larger, delivering faster ball speeds for category leading distance off the tee.
• The larger core size required engineers to make Tour Soft's high performance 4CE grafted cover system even thinner, producing increased short game spin around the green.
• Enhanced aerodynamics a new spherically tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design provides a more penetrating ball flight.
• Doubling as an alignment aid, the new Tour Soft "T" sidestamp provides golfers the option for easy alignment on the tee or green.
"Golfers wanting to play a softer feeling ball shouldn't have to sacrifice yards off the tee or control into the green. We know they have real golf to play and their ball has to be much more than just soft," said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. "The new generation of Tour Soft continues to show what's possible in a lower compression design. Our engineers have developed a longer, all around better performing golf ball that maintains the soft and responsive feel that golfers love about this product."
The new Tour Soft, offered in both white and high optic yellow, is manufactured by Titleist associates at Titleist's owned and operated Ball Plant 2 in North Dartmouth, Mass., ensuring the most consistent performance and quality in every dozen and every ball.
NEW ALIGNMENT STAMP
Tour Soft's sidestamp has been redesigned and integrated into a new alignment aid feature for 2020. The alignment stamp resembling a "T" shape makes it easier for golfers to line up their Tour Soft on the green or tee, without having to mark lines on the ball.
"When we began offering alignment aid stamps through our My Titleist customizer in the U.S (only on Titleist.com) in February of 2018, they instantly became the most popular options among golfers choosing to add custom logos to their golf ball," said Michael Fish, Titleist Golf Ball Product Manager. "Our research and testing with Tour Soft golfers showed an overwhelming preference for using an enhanced alignment stamp and they put this "T" mark at the top of their list."
2020 TOUR SOFT PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
The new Titleist Tour Soft is engineered to provide golfers with better performance for their game, delivering responsive soft feel, commanding distance and excellent short game performance through the following key technologies:
• Reformulated, Larger and Faster Core the largest of any Titleist golf ball delivers longer distance and responsive feel.
• Thinner 4CE Grafted Cover developed using ultra thin TCU process technology generates more greenside spin for better control into and around the green.
• Spherically Tiled 342 Cuboctahedron Dimple Design provides a more penetrating and consistent ball flight.
Titleist Introduces Improved Velocity Golf Balls with New Matte Color Options
New Aerodynamic and Core Technologies Combine to Deliver More Distance with Greater Iron Stoppability
FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 14, 2020) Every component of the new Titleist Velocity golf ball has been engineered for maximum velocity, including new aerodynamic and core technologies that deliver the longest, best performing Velocity yet. Golfers can also experience the speed of Velocity in style, with three new matte color options (Pink, Green and Orange) added for 2020.
Available in golf shops Feb 7, 2020 Velocity has been improved through comprehensive golfer feedback and new innovations developed inside the Titleist Golf Ball R&D labs:
• The invention of a spherically tiled 350 octahedral dimple design produces a more consistent, high flying trajectory for longer distance.
• Velocity's engine a larger, higher speed LSX core generates fast initial velocity with extremely low spin on all full swing shots to help golfers get every last yard.
• The increased core size also adds spin for greater stoppability on approach shots.
"Velocity golfers love distance, and they never stop asking us for more yards" said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. "But we know they're also trying to shoot lower scores, and distance is only one part of that equation. The advancements our engineers have made to Velocity's aerodynamics package and high speed core technology are meaningful. Golfers can take aim from farther away confident that if they put a good swing on it, they’ll have the extra distance to reach the green with the ball flight to stop it there."
The new Velocity is manufactured by Titleist associates at Titleist's owned and operated Ball Plant 2 in North Dartmouth, Mass., ensuring the most consistent performance and quality in every dozen and every ball.
NEW MATTE COLOR OPTIONS
The improved performance of 2020 Velocity is enhanced by three new color options featuring a high optic, vibrant matte finish. Golfers can now choose from Matte Pink (play numbers #1-4), Matte Green (#00-11-22-33) and Matte Orange (#00-11-22-33), in addition to standard white (#1-4).
Each matte finish has been developed and validated by Titleist R&D to maintain exceptional light stability and durability throughout the course of play.
VELOCITY PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
The new Titleist Velocity delivers longer distance, extremely low long game spin, high flight and greater iron stoppability through the following key technologies:
• New Larger, Higher Speed LSX Core delivers fast speed with extremely low spin on full swing shots for deep downrange distance. The increased core size also adds spin for greater iron stoppability.
• Fast NaZ+ Cover formulation is designed for speed and playable greenside feel.
• New Spherically Tiled 350 Octahedral Dimple Pattern provides a high ball flight with greater aerodynamic consistency for enhanced long game distance.